Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Canadian Business for Social Responsibility
CBSR is a non-profit member organization with a mission to accelerate and scale corporate social and environmental sustainability in Canada and challenge the "business as usual" model.
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development > Green Growth and Sustainable Development
The OECD promotes policies that improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. Providing a forum in which governments can work together to share experiences and seek solutions to common problems, it works to understand what drives economic, social and environmental change.
- The World Bank Open Knowledge Repository
The OKR is The World Bank’s official open access repository for its research outputs and knowledge products. It aims to encourage innovation and to allow anyone in the world to use Bank knowledge to develop solutions to development problems that will help improve the lives of those living in poverty.
- Worldwatch Institute
The Worldwatch Institute works to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world that meets human needs. Its objectives are universal access to renewable energy and nutritious food, expansion of environmentally sound jobs and development, and transformation of cultures from consumerism to sustainability.
- Economics Commons
Open Access. Powered by Scholars. Published by Universities.™
Green Footstep (green construction)
Green Footstep, a free online carbon calculator for reducing carbon emissions in building construction, and retrofit for green architecture projects.
Government & Business
Government & Business
Use these resources to find information from and about Salem city government and local businesses.
- City Government Brief overview, excerpted from the Official Statement by the City of Salem to meet full faith and credit obligations for bonds.
- Salem planning documents. Just the Salem documents from the Local & Regional Document Archive. Search full text, or browse "This Collection".
- Key Salem documents:
- City of Salem website: http://www.cityofsalem.net. To restrict your standard web search to this site, use the "advanced search" feature of your search engine (e.g. Google or Yahoo), and enter "cityofsalem.net" in the "site or domain" box.
- City of Salem documents These documents are available through ftp (file transfer protocol), and require a username and password available from faculty to students in relevant courses.
- Search all Oregon state, city, and county websites simultaneously:
- Interagency Partnership for Sustainable Communities Collaboration among the US Dept of Housing and Urban Development, the Dept of Transportation, and the Environmental Protection Agency
, Citation Guides
, Computer Science
, Data Management
, Environmental Science
, Exercise & Heath Science
, Physics & Astronomy
, Science (General)
Consumerism & Pollution
Bottom line, it’s all plastic! Microbeads are really tiny plastic particles usually smaller than two millimeters. Microbeads often include polyethylene (PE) or polypropylene (PP), polyethylene terephthalate (PET), polymethlyl methacrylate (PMMA) or nylon.
The Story of Stuff
This is a short video by Annie Leonard on consumerism.