Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Film & History
- Information about the journal, including an index.
- Chinese Movie Database
- Covers Chinese movies made from 1905 to the present, in mainland
China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, as well as other countries. Searchable by
title and personal name. Includes lists of bibliographies, a movie
poster collection, lists of awards and other links.
- Film Literature Index Online
- An online version of the standard print film index, FLI Online
contains approximately 700,000 citations to articles, film reviews and
book reviews published between 1976-2001.
- Internet Movie Database
- An easily searched and browsed catalog of information on over
200,000 movie & TV titles, 400,000 actors and actresses, nearly
40,000 directors and hundreds of thousands of other people connected
with film and television.
- Margaret Herrick Library Digital Collections
- Provides public access to digitized materials from the collections of the Margaret Herrick Library of the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences . Contains more than 3000 items, including correspondence, photographs, early release fliers, full issues of rare periodicals, sheet music and movie star ephemera, and also includes complete copies of more than 250 Academy publications, dating back to its founding in 1927.
- Movie Review Query Engine
- Provides links to online film reviews as well as articles covering over 30,000 movies, both domestic and international.
- Public Moving Image Archives and Research Centers
- Provides access to major film archives worldwide. Also provides
links to publications, studios, copyright information, and
- Dedicated to the study of film and television, this site offers
links to other selected sites that offer education, research and
production information. Under education are links to syllabi, jobs, and
schools. The research category offers bibliographies, indexes and
- Search engine for all types of information about current and past films.
- Silent Film Sources
- Directory of vendors offering silent films on video.
- AFI OnLine
- Website for the American Film Institute.
- American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
- Contains information about the Academy's public exhibitions and
events, its publications, research library, film archives, and more.
- Australian Film Institute Research and Information Centre
- The new searchable online catalogue provides access to the unique
holdings of the AFI, including 600,000 news-clippings on Australian and
international film and television titles, comprehensive industry
significant screen journals and over 5,000 books.
- National Film Preservation Board
- The NFPB serves as an advisory group to the Librarian of Congress on
film conservation, as well as advising the Librarian on the annual
selection of films to be placed in the National Film Registry. This site
provides a listing of new additions to the Registry, as well as a
comprehensive list of all titles added since 1989. Also included are
reports and testimony on the current state of television and video
- Sundance Institute Page
- Provides access to information about the Sundance Festival and other programs for independent filmmakers.
Subjects:Art & Art History
, Cinema Studies
, Latin American Studies