Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Unaffiliated Users Policy
The Mark O. Hatfield Library building and facilities are for the use of Willamette University students, faculty, and staff, and individuals or groups associated or affiliated with or invited by the University. Unaffiliated users needing to do research and/or access library materials are also welcome.
Because of limited resources and space, unaffiliated users without a specific library purpose may be asked to leave; these unaffiliated users may use the library for three hours per day.
Use of public computers is restricted to one hour per day.
Users exhibiting disruptive behavior or otherwise violating the Library's Guidelines for Unaffiliated Users may be asked to leave at any time.
Guidelines for Unaffiliated Users
The following are prohibited:
- Use of tobacco products or vaping (including chewing tobacco)
- Use of rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, or cycles; bicyclists must use the bike rack outside the library.
- Pets (except for service animals)
- Disturbing others
- Bedding (blankets, sleeping bags, etc.)
- Baggage containing excessive quantities of personal items
- Leaving personal items unattended
- Posting materials anywhere in the library other than on the bulletin board in the 24-hour study (material must be date stamped before posting)
- Removal of library materials from the library without authorization through established lending procedures
- Intentional damage, destruction, or theft of library property or personal property
- Unsupervised children under the age of fifteen
- Use of the facility (including study rooms) for non-University sanctioned meetings or business
- Any other activity or conduct in violation of federal, state, local or campus law, ordinance, regulation or policy