Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
General Online Encyclopedias
Oxford Reference Online
100 well-known and trusted dictionaries and reference books combined into a single cross-searchable web database. Includes online versions of:
The electronic version of the Encyclopaedia Britannica. An excellent starting point for almost any topic of research, the Britannica offers both concise descriptions, and longer, more comprehensive articles on a wide variety of topics.
Using the Hatfield Library during the Covid 19 Pandemic
Reference / Getting Research Help:
Circulation / Checking Out Books, DVDs, etc.:
- All items removed from the shelves, returned, or ordered via ILL or Summit will be quarantined for 72 hours before being available.
- Contactless check out will remain available for those that request it in the front vestibule. You may access the vestibule with your valid ID 24 hours/day.
Building Policies for Fall Semester 2020:
- The maximum occupancy of the Hatfield Library is 100 people.
- Access is restricted to current students, faculty, and staff.
- Bring your ID card. A card swipe is required for access.
- Water fountains have been shut down until further notice.
- Closed container beverages are permitted.
- Eating is not allowed.
- Masks are required.
- Seating is marked to encourage 6 feet of social distancing.
Want more information about the new changes?
Mexican Reference Works (Print Only)
Humanities and Fine Arts Librarian
Subjects:Art & Art History
, Asian Studies
, Cinema Studies
, German & Russian
, Languages & Linguistics
, Latin American Studies
, Religious Studies
Medieval Reference Books
Dictionary of the Middle Ages
Call Number: HAT Reference D114 .D5
Publication Date: 1989
Vol. 11, pp 374-381, Spain, Christian-Muslim Relations
pp 381-389, Spain, Muslim Kingdoms of
Call Number: HAT Reference DP99 .M33 2003
Publication Date: 2002
Call Number: HAT Reference DS102.8 .E496 2007
Publication Date: 2006
Volume 19, pp 67-83, Spain
pp 84-91, Spanish and Portuguese Literature