Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Film & History
- Information about the journal, including an index.
- Chinese Movie Database
- Covers Chinese movies made from 1905 to the present, in mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, as well as other countries. Searchable by title and personal name. Includes lists of bibliographies, a movie poster collection, lists of awards and other links.
- Film Literature Index Online
- An online version of the standard print film index, FLI Online contains approximately 700,000 citations to articles, film reviews and book reviews published between 1976-2001.
- Internet Movie Database
- An easily searched and browsed catalog of information on over 200,000 movie & TV titles, 400,000 actors and actresses, nearly 40,000 directors and hundreds of thousands of other people connected with film and television.
- Margaret Herrick Library Digital Collections
- Provides public access to digitized materials from the collections of the Margaret Herrick Library of the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences . Contains more than 3000 items, including correspondence, photographs, early release fliers, full issues of rare periodicals, sheet music and movie star ephemera, and also includes complete copies of more than 250 Academy publications, dating back to its founding in 1927.
- Movie Review Query Engine
- Provides links to online film reviews as well as articles covering over 30,000 movies, both domestic and international.
- Public Moving Image Archives and Research Centers
- Provides access to major film archives worldwide. Also provides links to publications, studios, copyright information, and organizations.
- Dedicated to the study of film and television, this site offers links to other selected sites that offer education, research and production information. Under education are links to syllabi, jobs, and schools. The research category offers bibliographies, indexes and discussion groups.
- Search engine for all types of information about current and past films.
- Silent Film Sources
- Directory of vendors offering silent films on video.
- AFI OnLine
- Website for the American Film Institute.
- American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
- Contains information about the Academy's public exhibitions and events, its publications, research library, film archives, and more.
- Australian Film Institute Research and Information Centre
- The new searchable online catalogue provides access to the unique holdings of the AFI, including 600,000 news-clippings on Australian and international film and television titles, comprehensive industry databases, 150 significant screen journals and over 5,000 books.
- National Film Preservation Board
- The NFPB serves as an advisory group to the Librarian of Congress on film conservation, as well as advising the Librarian on the annual selection of films to be placed in the National Film Registry. This site provides a listing of new additions to the Registry, as well as a comprehensive list of all titles added since 1989. Also included are reports and testimony on the current state of television and video preservation.
- Sundance Institute Page
- Provides access to information about the Sundance Festival and other programs for independent filmmakers.
Subjects: Art & Art History
, Cinema Studies
, Latin American Studies