Managing a dataset often includes tasks such as sorting data, subsetting data into separate samples, merging multiple sources of data, aggregating of data based on some key indicator, or restructuring a dataset. These types of data management tasks are sometimes called data cleaning, data munging, or data wrangling. This guide covers these types of "cleaning tasks".
Splitting Multiple Sheets Into Separate CSV Files
These are two tools I recommend for using to split your dataset excel files into separate csv files. The first option is a bit cleaner as you do not have to install any extra software on your PC.
1. Create a new folder for the csv files to be saved to, for example c:\test.
2. Open the Excel file that you want to split.
3. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys in Excel, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
4. Click Insert Module, and paste the code from answer #52 from this discussion board:
5. Press the F5 key to run the code.
6. You will be prompted for your delimiter, choose "," and then choose the folder to save the files to.
Kutools for Excel:
1. This option requires you to install a add-on for Excel called Kutools. There is a free version you can use for sixty days.
2. Once you install it, follow the steps here: