Image source: Pinterest.com
These additional guides will help you find and locate other types of information.
Book Reviews Newspaper Articles
Government Info Videos/DVDs
Searching the Catalog
Learn how to use the catalog to search for books, articles, videos, and more through Summit, our regional lending system, and locally from Willamette. Additional info is available on the Library Catalogs page.
Locating Scholarly Articles
Find out how to search for scholarly articles within EbscoHost's Academic Search Complete database, as well as other useful tips that will help you become a more efficient researcher. Additional info is available on the Popular vs. Scholarly page.
Learn tools that will make citing resources much easier when using the library catalog, library databases, and Google Scholar. Also discover, Zotero, a free resource for managing citations/bibliographic data. Additional information is available on the Why Cite Sources page.
My Specialties: Archaeology, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Exercise & Health Sciences, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Physics, and Science (General)
Subject librarians are here to help with your research!
You can set up an individual research consultation with a subject librarian for research help. Here are a few other things that we can do for you:
- Show you the best places to begin your research.
- Help you develop effective search strategies.
- Locate the information you need within our library.
- Obtain books, articles, cds, etc. from other libraries.
- Find additional information from citation lists/bibliographies.
- Judge the quality & reliability of information.
- Use information ethically (e.g. plagiarism).
- Cite information correctly (e.g. APA style).
- Demonstrate how to use citation resources.
- Tell the difference between various literature types.
- Determine whether something is peer-reviewed.