Searching the Catalog
Learn how to use the catalog to search for books, articles, videos, and more through Summit, our regional lending system, and locally from Willamette. Additional info is available on the Library Catalogs page.
Locating Scholarly Articles
Find out how to search for scholarly articles within EbscoHost's Academic Search Premier database, as well as other useful tips that will help you become a more efficient researcher. Additional info is available on the Popular vs. Scholarly page.
Learn four common tools that will make citing resources much easier: the library catalog, library databases, Google Scholar, and Zotero. Additional info is available on the Why Cite Sources page.
Subject librarians are here to help with your research!
- Show you the best places to begin your research.
- Help you develop effective search strategies.
- Locate the information you need within our library.
- Obtain books, articles, cds, etc. from other libraries.
- Find additional information from citation lists/bibliographies.
- Judge the quality & reliability of information.
- Use information ethically (e.g. plagiarism).
- Cite information correctly (e.g. APA style).
- Demonstrate how to use citation resources.
- Tell the difference between various literature types.
- Determine whether something is peer-reviewed.