The mission of the Mark O. Hatfield Library is to provide the services and resources necessary to meet the scholarly and informational needs of the Willamette University Community. The library does, however, provide the general public with defined access to its collections, facilities, staff and services.
In order to provide a safe, secure, and welcoming atmosphere within the library, the following are prohibited:
- Use of tobacco (including chewing tobacco)
- Pets (except for service animals)
- Use of rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, or cycles; bicyclists must use the bike rack outside the library for parking their bikes
- Cell phone conversations except in stairwells, the 24-hour study, or study rooms
- Excessive noise or other disturbances
- Unsupervised children under the age of fifteen
- Posting materials anywhere in the library other than on the bulletin board in the 24-hour study (material must be date stamped before posting)
- Removal of library materials from the library without authorization through established lending procedures
- Intentional damage, destruction, or theft of library property or personal property
- Any other activity or conduct in violation of Federal, State, local or campus law, ordinance, regulation or policy
Food and Drink Policy
- Appropriate snack foods are allowed but please, nothing messy or smelly and no fast food deliveries!
- Users may bring non-alcoholic drinks into the library if using a spill-proof beverage container; use of alcohol is prohibited (except for University sponsored events in the Hatfield Room)
Failure to comply with these policies may result in expulsion from the library; Campus Safety or the Salem Police will be notified when necessary and appropriate.