Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Interlibrary Loan Login
Connect to your Interlibrary Loan Account
NOTE: First-time users will be asked to complete a short registration before making requests. For questions or comments, contact Interlibrary Loan by e-mail or phone: (503) 370-6018.
LAW LIBRARY PATRONS:
Please request materials through the Law Library.
When we don't have it...
You can request it...
Confirm it is not owned by Willamette:
Request it from another library:
Use the "Find it at Willamette" button within databases; it transfers all of the information needed for your request into the Interlibrary Loan request form.
Interlibrary Loan requests are sent to institutions that own the item(s).
Articles: The lending institution scans and sends articles within 2-5 business days.
Books, Audiovisual materials, etc.: The lending institution sends item(s) via courier or mail in 3 -14 business days.
Summit materials are delivered in about 3-5 business days.
Interlibrary Loan: Borrowing Policies & Procedures
WHAT IS SUMMIT?
- Summit allows students, faculty, and staff to easily search and request circulating library materials owned by members of the Orbis Cascade Alliance. Every member library agrees to follow the same procedures and policies to achieve efficiency and predictability.
WHAT IS INTERLIBRARY LOAN?
Interlibrary loan is a service that enables a user of one library to borrow books or receive copies of documents that are owned by another library. The user makes a request with their local library, which, acting as an intermediary, identifies owners of the desired item, places the request, receives the item, makes it available to the user, and arranges for its return. Although books and journal articles are the most frequently requested items, other materials that can be requested include book chapters, audio recordings, video recordings, sheet music, and microform.
- Via the Catalog: Search the local catalog or Worldcat catalog for the item you want. Once you have found the correct item, view the record details and look for the button to "Request Summit Item" or "Request Item through Interlibrary Loan." Select Willamette University. Then, login with your WU username and password (and if this is your first request, to register) to submit your request. After you have submitted the request form, you will see a confirmation screen.
- Via the ILL Request Form: Request can be placed through the Interlibrary Loan page. After logging in, select the correct form on the right hand side under Make New Request. Enter the details of the item you need into the request form, and submit.
If you have an problems request materials via Summit or Interlibrary Loan, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503.370.6018.
GENERAL POLICY INFORMATION
- Checkout period: Summit items check-out for six weeks (books) or six days (AV Materials). ILL items check-out length is determined by the lending library's policies.
- Renewals: Summit items cannot be renewed. ILL item renewals are determined by the lending library. If renewable, ILL staff will automatically submit the renewal request, and email you with the results--the new due date if the lending library has granted the renewal, or the "must-return-by" date if the item could not be renewed.
- Overdue fines: $0.50 per item per day. Maximum overdue fine of $20.00 per item.
- Lost, Damaged or Unreturned Items: Lost, damaged and/or unreturned Summit and ILL items are $75.00 per item and an additional $15.00 non-refundable processing fee, for a total of $90.00 per item.
- For students, at the end of the semester, all fines and fees will be sent to your student account.
- If the item is returned immediately after billing, a $75.00 refund may be issued per item if the Hatfield Library has not billed by the lending library for the item(s).