1. Log into your RefWorks account
2. Click on the "References" tab then "Export"
If you created separate folders for your sources, you will need to export folders individually to keep each collection of references together. To export a folder, click on the folder title in the folders list, and follow the same exporting procedure.
3. Select "Bibliographic Software" from the list of export formats, then click "Export References"
4. A new tab or window in your browser will automatically open containing a plain text list of your references
5. Save the file to your computer as a Plain Text document (TXT)
6. In Zotero for Firefox or Zotero Standalone click on the "Actions" gear button in the toolbar then "Import" to select the file downloaded from RefWorks
7. Add associated PDFs by selecting the newly added citation and clicking on the "Attachment" paperclip button. Click on "Attach Link to File" and select the corresponding file.
Hatfield Librarians are here to help! Let us know if you need assistance moving your citations out of RefWorks.
PDFs will not automatically transfer from RefWorks to Zotero