Top 5 Services for Visitors
Welcome to our library! These are the 5 most commonly used services available to you our guests.
Library Hours for use by the general public:
Friday 7:45 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
1. ONE-HOUR INTERNET USE (PUBLIC)
- Visitors are welcome to use the four public computers (limited to one hour of use per day). They are located to the right of the library's entrance.
- To use these computers you must first obatin a pass phrase from the Circulation Desk.
- The public computers are designed for internet access only, and do not provide access to software (e.g. Microsoft Office, Word, or Excel).
- Printing from the public computers costs ten cents per page.
2. WIRELESS NETWORK (PUBLIC)
- Visitors are welcome to use the library's free wireless network. The designated public wireless area is on the first floor near the reference desk. For directions to connect to the wireless network, click here.
3. RESEARCH HELP
- Get help at the reference desk (by the library's entrance), via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (503-370-6560), or instant message (hathelp). http://library.willamette.edu/help/
- Use our Subject Guides.
4. BORROWING LIBRARY RESOURCES
- The general public is welcome to use the library's resources while at the library. For information about borrowing materials, click here to view our borrowing policies.
- Search only Willamette’s catalog.
5. ELECTRONIC RESOURCES
- Visitors may access millions of images, statistics, articles, & more through our databases. A few resources require a current Willamette ID and password, but the majority are available from within the library.