When we don't have it...
You can still get it!!!
Make sure we don't already have it:
Request it from another library:
- Search WorldCat Local to find a copy held in the Summit consortium
- If not owned by Summit, request it through Interlibrary Loan
Use the "Find it at Willamette" button within databases; it transfers all of the information needed for your request into the Interlibrary Loan request form.
Your Interlibrary Loan requests will be sent to other institutions that own the material. The lending institution will typically scan & email articles within 2-5 business days, and deliver books to our library in about 10-14 business days. Summit materials are delivered more quickly, in about 3-5 business days.
Interlibrary Loan: Borrowing Policies & Procedures
WHAT IS INTERLIBRARY LOAN?
Interlibrary loan is a service that enables a user of one library to borrow books or receive copies of documents that are owned by another library. The user makes a request with their local library, which, acting as an intermediary, identifies owners of the desired item, places the request, receives the item, makes it available to the user, and arranges for its return. Although books and journal articles are the most frequently requested items, other materials that can be requested include book chapters, audio recordings, video recordings, sheet music, and microform.
HOW TO ORDER MATERIALS
- Via the Catalog: Search the catalog for the item you want. Once you have found the correct item, view the record details and look for the button to "Request Item through Interlibrary Loan." You will then be prompted to login (and if this is your first request, to register) to submit your request. After you have submitted the request form, you will see a confirmation screen that assigns a Transaction Number to your request.
- Via the Request Form: You can also make a request without going through the catalog. Simply login to the Interlibrary Loan page, enter the details of the item you need into the request form, and submit.
GENERAL POLICY INFORMATION
- Checkout period: Determined by lending library. Typically 2-6 weeks, but sometimes shorter or much longer checkout periods are granted depending on the material type and the polices of the lending institution. For more information about checkout periods, visit our main Borrowing Policies guide.
- Renewals: Eligibility for renewal is determined by the lending library. If renewable, ILL staff will automatically submit the renewal request, and email you with the results--the new due date if the lending library has granted the renewal, or the "must-return-by" date if the item could not be renewed.
- Overdue fines: $0.50 per item per day for the first 10 days, then $1.00 per item per day for the next 15 days. Total max fine of $20.00 per item.
- Replacement policy: If reported lost or damaged, you will be charged the exact replacement cost as determined by the lending library; for all other non-returned ILL materials, replacement charges will be assessed on your Student Account bill at a rate of at least $75.00 per item plus $15.00 non-refundable processing fee per item, for a total of $90.00 per item.