Senior Extended Checkout
DID YOU KNOW...
Willamette students who are working on their senior thesis or senior seminar may borrow library materials on an extended basis. This service is available ONLY for Willamette-owned materials.
Eligibility for Extended Checkout to Seniors
Willamette students who are working on their senior thesis or capstone project may borrow Willamette-owned circulating library materials on an extended basis. Extended Checkout Forms are linked to this LibGuide. This service is available ONLY for Mark O. Hatfield Library materials and is governed by the policies outlined below.
Please return the forms to the Hatfield Library's Circulation Desk.
1. The form below must be signed by your faculty advisor or senior seminar professor before Extended Check-Out status can be granted.
2. The extended loan period will be granted for one semester at a time. All materials must be returned by the last day of finals. Materials turned in after the due date are subject to fines. For 2-semester thesis courses, library staff will extend your privileges into the second semester so that no fines are accrued during break periods.
3. AV materials, Reserves, and all non-circulating materials are exempt from extended check-out. Summit and Interlibrary Loan materials are also exempt.
4. If you need to use AV materials as a main source for your thesis, please fill out the Audiovisual Materials Addendum below at the beginning of each semester.
5. All materials are subject to recall when needed by another patron. This means that another patron can place a hold on an item, and request that it be returned earlier than the original due date.
Access Services Manager