BlitzNet - Wireless (WU Users)
The campus wireless service is called BlitzNet. This is for users with Willamette usernames/passwords only. To connect, you must have:
- A laptop computer running Windows or Mac OS .
- A wireless network card.
WITS provides detailed connection instructions and more information for BlitzNet.
Printing from BlitzNet: WITS has developed Web Printing, allowing you to add a document to a virtual print queue from your wireless connection, and then choose a printer to be used. WITS gives instructions to install and links to access Web Print on its webpage.
Willamette Guest Wireless
Willamette University provides wireless service for guest users in certain areas of campus. Follow these directions to set up your computer for wireless access from inside the library. The designated guest wireless area is on the first floor near the reference desk.
For PC Users
- Click on your Wireless Indicator icon on the bottom right toolbar, shaped like a bar graph.
- A Client Manager box will open. Go to "Add Configuration Profile" which can often be found under the Actions menu.
- Click the "Add" button, and enter "Willamette Guest" for Profile Name. Select "Access Point" for Network Type. Click next.
- On the next page, click "Scan." Choose "Willamette Guest" once your choices are displayed.
- Continue to click "Next" until you are given the choice to click "OK." At this point, you should be connected to the campus wireless network. Your Wireless Indicator icon will show you the strength of your connection.
For Mac Users
- Click on Airport (the signal strength icon).
- Click on "Willamette Guest"